Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hoarding Alert: St. Rémy Réserve Privée



Mid-way through cooking a lobster risotto the other night, I discovered I was fresh out of brandy.

Although I had to use pricey cognac in my rice, I now consider the entire incident a happy accident. Pollyanna? Not much. The reason is that it got me searching the LCBO site for brandy, only to discover that St. Rémy Réserve Privée has returned. And not only that, it’s on sale ($5 off) ‘til May 25.


While it’s been here a couple of times before, it’s often unavailable and, in fact, I was under the (likely) mistaken impression that it was a seasonal item. I do know that when I looked for it for a friend in early May there were only a couple of bottles in the entire province.

Assuming that it won’t be reliably available for long, I’m issuing a yellow-level hoarding alert, since it’s not often you get a crack at a brandy that I might even choose over a cognac. It’s rich, raisin-y and sweet, with a finish that almost tastes like a really great cola. Although best enjoyed on its own, it’d make a hell of an Alexander or Stinger.

And it’s $34.95 for the next 10 days. Get while the going’s good. LCBO 313288

No comments:

Post a Comment